Welcome to Southeast Asia START Regional Center
- About SEA START RC
The Southeast Asia START Regional Center is the regional research node of the Southeast Asia Regional Committee for START (). Southeast Asia is one of the eight existing regions of the Global Change SysTem for Analysis, Research and Training ( ) network, jointly initiated by the International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme ( ), International Human Dimension Programme ( ), and World Climate Research Programme ( ).
START is a global network that supports multidisciplinary research on the interactions between humans and the environment. Other START regional networks represent Pan-Africa, South Asia, Temperate East Asia, Mediterranean, and Oceania.
SEA START RC was established in 1996 under a Memorandum Of Understanding between Chulalongkorn University ( ), National Research Council of Thailand ( ), and International START. The center is located on Chulalongkorn Campus in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Research and capacity building activities
Research and capacity building activities at SEA START RC include:
- Climate change scenarios in Southeast Asia;
- Climate change impacts in Southeast Asia;
- Climate change vulnerability and adaptation on various systems and sectors;
- Atmospheric research;
- Marine and coastal management studies; and
- Environmental data and information services.
- List of Protected Aquatic Species in Lao PDR Nov 12, 2013
- 5th IWRM Regional Steering Committee Meeting Nov 12, 2013
- Countdown to COP19: Nexus Dialogue on Water Infrastructure Solutions [video] Nov 12, 2013
- Highlights of the Speech of the Executive Director of UNEP to the GEF Council Nov 12, 2013
- List of Protected Aquatic Species in Malaysia Nov 12, 2013